More visual Layout possibilities for the Document section?

Thu 19. Jan 2017, 01:29

Hey Everyone and the Nevigo-Team,

I use at the moment the Document section of Articy:Draft and I must say I like it,
especially the great overview, to jump instant into each point of it works really well.

But I have a little problem you can add a preview image to each text passage that's nice,
but you can only add one. Is it or could it be possible to add more than one preview image
among each other, like in a column or in row?
That would be really nice for a GDD!

I know you can add a extra section for pictures but they, even with hiding the text,
seem not apposite to the text section and they break the reading flow.

Great Regards
Andreas "Andross" Hannemann
Hi I'm Andreas "Andross" Hannemann,
Trainee in Game Design with focus on Level Design.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andreashannemann/
“Above all, video games are meant to just be one thing: Fun for everyone.” - Satoru Iwata
Andreas -Andross- Hannemann

Re: More visual Layout possibilities for the Document sectio

Sat 21. Jan 2017, 02:46

I was just thinking the same.
The case I'd like would be to break out the Images thumbs on one panel / an inspector for a selected image on another panel / the Entities or Locations lists on another panel / the selected entity exposed on another panel
It is time consuming to get an image into the properties part of an entity because it involves stepping out of the Entity properties to view an image.
[Edit -- woops, I finally found the split panels horizontally button.]

I'd also like to be able to autogenerate a matching Entity for each Location I make so I can pair up reference images with the map of a location.

[Also some kind of icon or sticker on each image that is not added yet somewhere in the project's entities or docs would be helpful. Imagine you have a big list of images and you are looking for the ones you haven't yet assigned to entities).

From the Library (thumnails) it isn't possible to delete an image item. To delete you have go to the hierarchy, where images are represented by name (so it's harder to locate the one you want to delete). it would be helpful, if an image in the Libary thumbnails is highlighted, that it also highlights when switching to the Hierarchy view.

Not sure if this always happens; when dragging an image to an entity, then pressing undo it doesn't remove visibly, but is removed. It updates when submerging into the entity for example.

Renaming Locations in the hierarchy panel is annoying - the text sort of shifts to the leftmost part of the UI overlapping the icon.
Renaming Entities is even weirder, and sometimes doesn't let you rename at all (you have to go to properties header).
tomofnz

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions