Display Icon of Spot on Map

Sun 26. Mar 2017, 08:32

It would need to display the Icon of a spot on the map instead of the flag/cross as this identifies the type of spot I have. This would help a lot in level design as I need to have certain types of spots well placed over the map.
Attachments
Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg (191.62 KiB) Viewed 9533 times
Slaughterjoe

Re: Display Icon of Spot on Map

Mon 27. Mar 2017, 12:20

Hi Slaughterjoe,

it might be an option for you to use a Link [Shift+8] instead of a Spot ... With a Link you are able to use the icon only option under inherited style.
The inherited styles for a spot are actually limited. This is our proposal as a workaround ... Does this help you?

Peter Thielmann

Re: Display Icon of Spot on Map

Tue 28. Mar 2017, 21:49

Hi Peter

Thanks for the workaround. I agree it would solve the need to display the icon, but from what I understand the sense and use of a Link is a complete different thing than for a spot. Using Links would also somehow double my spots which would add more unnecessary complexity. I prefer not to go down that route.

I can absolutely work with the two provided options. It works but having the feature of dispaying the Icon would facilitate customers and collegues to read my maps more easily.

In that sense it's really a feature-request of the kind "would be neat and conventient" and not a "I cannot work without that" :) So if it's the third sprint from now that has the next free spot of story points for such a feature, that's more than fine for me :)

have a great day, cheers

Martin
Slaughterjoe

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions