The document editor has some typing flow issues.

Sun 7. Jan 2018, 02:54

I'm having some minor issues with typing flow. :P

Indentation Post-Creation
When I indent or decrease indent an existing heading using tab, the entire document loses the selection. I can't use the arrow keys to go to the text field to start typing. I got to remove my hands from they keyboard to the mouse, and click the text field to actually start typing. Or, by pressing tab again, the selection is at the very top of the document; often very far away from where I want to be. Ideally I would like to just intent a heading with tab and start typing again at the same place in the document.

Indent New Chapter Hotkey
I always keep indenting down the document, but new+indent combination does not have a convenient hotkey like new chapter same level (CTRL+ENTER). I could get around this with a TAB-press, but like mentioned in the previous point above, it removes selection of the entire document. I can use the arrow to navigate the creation toolbar underneath the current heading to generate a new indented heading underneath, but I would like there to be a quicker way to which would not force me into a pause by having to do a series of arrow and spacebar presses.

Description Hotkey
I would like to be able to quickly enable or disable the description field through a keyboard press. It is an operation I do often, and having to grab the mouse, click on a tiny icon and click on a tiny check box really stops me in my tracks.

That's pretty much all that I'm having some trouble with, I think. Keep up the good work! :)
heyitschris

Re: The document editor has some typing flow issues.

Mon 8. Jan 2018, 08:54

Hi heyitschris,

Thank you for your suggestion. I forwarded it to our Design team.

Best regards,
Karsten
[Articy] Karsten Feyerabend
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Re: The document editor has some typing flow issues.

Tue 9. Jan 2018, 16:55

Cool! :D
Also, I've found a tiny bug.
  1. Create new text object (CTRL+ENTER)
  2. Go to text field.
  3. Enable italic(CTRL+i)
If I start typing now, the editor disables italic again, and writes in regular font style.
To write in italic, I have to write a random symbol, erase it, and then enable italic again.
heyitschris

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions