List of improvements I would like

Thu 15. Feb 2018, 14:35

After working with Articy Draft a while, here is my wishlist. If some things are already possible but I just didn't know how, please instruct me.

1) Features inside features. In our current project this would be a great help. We have an item entity that can have one or more actions or verbs activated. You can mix and and match those to make an item for example pickupable, eatable, movable etc. I can make a Feature out of each verb/action property and out of those make a template for an item. While this works ok, there is a problem as all individual verbs/actions share identical base: is the verb/action allowed at the moment, how difficult the action is something else. I can find a way to make this any easier that copying & pasting exactly same fields to each verb/action property. Another example: I would like to make a Vector3 data type that can be used inside a Feature.
2) Lists and references (Strips and Slots) are quite nice, but I would like to have lists with reference to Templates and/or Features (I would choose only one possible type that can be used) with possibility to content creator who uses the template to add a new item to the list. New item would be created with default or empty values and could be further edited as wanted. Current system requiring already created Entity is not flexible in all situations.
3) Read-only fields. Default values in Features go pretty long way to sanity check content but in some cases it would be great to mark a field as read-only / locked in the Template design phase. Entities created couldn't change the field but could see the value. Feature could be unchecked in Tempate Design.

Any plans on improving those issues?

Edit:
4) Dropdown list type with possibility to check multiple entries.
SwanGamesJani

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions