Why does Articy Draft log you in as Guest

Fri 10. Jan 2014, 00:34

Half the time when I log into articy draft, it logs me in as Guest instead of Admin or TeamWorker. I have no idea why, it seems random, as I can quit, login again and by logged in as Admin. It's only a big problem because the Export options are not available as Guest.

Any idea what could cause this. I happens to me (Admin) and other coworkers (TeamWorker).
ferakiii

Re: Why does Articy Draft log you in as Guest

Mon 13. Jan 2014, 13:32

Hi ferakiii,

Sorry for the inconveniences. That really seems to be a nasty little bug! We have problems reproducing this behavior, so we're glad for all possible information on when exactly the problem occurs. Does it for example only happen on certain PCs?

If the bug continuous to occur, please also send us a support ticket describing your whole setup in detail (support @ nevigo.com).
Julius Kuschke

Wed 15. Jan 2014, 14:16

Hi ferakiii,

could you please add the switch -awslog to the target of your desktop shortcut you use to start articy:draft (most likely the "articy draft (Multi-User)")

This will create a high-level logfile called AwsConnector.log in the logs directory of articy:draft

You can find the log dir when entering

%appdata%\nevigo\articy\2.x\Logs

in the address bar of your windows explorer.

If you encounter the problem again, please mail us that log-file to support @ nevigo.com and we hopefully get an idea how this could happen.

Thanks
Peter
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Tue 21. Jan 2014, 03:54

I have enabled the log, but like all good bugs, it's not showing up while it's being watched. If I do get it again, will send you the log.

The bug has happened on a couple of Mac's in the office, all running articy off parallels.
ferakiii

Return to Technical Discussion