Floating elements window will not dock with main UI?!

Tue 8. Apr 2014, 14:50

Hello.

I recently was looking at my project in the presentation mode when it froze up. I was forced to use Window's task manager to close the program. When I re-opened the project, I noticed that the project UI was empty, when normally it had the project elements displayed (ex. Flow, Entities, Locations, etc). So I opened a new window and got a floating project tab. The problem is it will not dock with the main UI anymore...forcing me to work with two open views. There is a screenshot showing what I mean below. How do I fix it so that when I open the project it will have the elements window seated in the main UI?

Thanks!

Image.

~Malc
malcolmfett

Re: Floating elements window will not dock with main UI?!

Tue 15. Apr 2014, 17:02

Hi There.

It's been about a week and I was wondering if anyone at Nevigo has taken a look at this issue and if there is any fix? Thanks!
malcolmfett

Thu 17. Apr 2014, 04:36

Hey Malcolm,

That sounds frustrating, I've never run into this problem myself. I would suggest you try the following though (if you haven't already):

1) Load Articy Draft, but instead of opening your project from the main "Projects" splash screen choose the "Open from file" button and manually search for your project file to load. I've noticed this method seems to ignore any previous layout you had and instead offers just a fresh jumpstart page. Perhaps if it loads this way it may bypass any glitch it may have left in memory regarding the layout when you force quit previously.

2) If that doesn't work, when you load your project, click on the Nevigo logo button in the top left and select "Reset Layout" to see if that "wakes up" your main UI window.

3) It may be a fault or error in the resgistry or some of the .dll files which means the only sure-fire solution is a clean re-install of the program, which isn't that bad since it's a relatively quick process for this small application and your project file is a separate entity. If you are going to do this here is what I would suggest: Make sure your project folder is saved in a safe location. Load Articy Draft, Select "License Management" from the top left menu, mark down your license key, click "unregister", quit Articy Draft, and then uninstall. Download the latest installer from the Nevigo site and re-install Articy Draft. Use your license key you marked down to register it again and try opening up your saved project. Cross your fingers.

I'm certainly not an expert but that's would I would try if I were in your situation, hope that helps.
never.stop.creating
ei8htbit

Mon 21. Apr 2014, 14:21

Hello Malcolm,

First of all, sorry for the delayed response. For the future, if you need a quick reply, please email support@nevigo.com as suggested here. The support team normally writes back in less than a weekday, while the forum can sometimes fall a little bit behind. Once again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

ei8htbit actually described it perfectly. (Thanks a million for jumping in, ei8htbit!)
Layout settings are stored in a session file that's not part of your project file. So if something goes wrong there, resetting the layout or getting rid of the broken session data completely should help. Did one of the solutions work for you, Malcolm?

Have a great week,
-Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
CEO | Nevigo | LinkedIn | Facebook | Xing | Google+ | MobyGames
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to Technical Discussion