Export menu button don't work

Sun 27. Apr 2014, 08:42

Hello,
Last night the export menu button didnt worked, when i clicked on it nothing happened. So i updated articy:draft to the last version but it didn't change anything.
I think i already had that problem in the past, maybe a licensing problem, i don't remember well. All my licenses are ok.

So i can't export anymore and i don't know why. Is there a solution ?
I really don't know where to search or what that problem can be.

Thanks for any help.
nemui

Re: Export menu button don't work

Mon 12. May 2014, 16:44

Hi nemui.

Sorry for the delayed response. For fast support in cases like this (where you cannot continue to work properly) we recommend to email support@nevigo.com. You'll get help on the same or next day over there.
I'm looping in tech support for this issue, so you'll get an answer asap.

All the best,
-Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
CEO | Nevigo | LinkedIn | Facebook | Xing | Google+ | MobyGames
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Re: Export menu button don't work

Mon 12. May 2014, 20:23

Hi nemui,

since you already wrote to support@nevigo.com and I did not get any further info I think your problem is solved.

But for all others that read this and have the same problem here some info on that:

If the export dialog do not open at all, the most common reason is due to an exception while initializing.

One known issue that leads to that behavior is if you have multiple partitions in the "Template Design" subtree. That should not be allowed, but was possible due to an bug in the 2.2 that was fixed in 2.2.5.
If you than remove a property from a feature and the templates that uses the feature are in a non-claimed partition some required fix-ups can not be made.

To find the offending features take a look at the articy.log file that is located in the directory that can be opened if you enter
%Appdata%\nevigo\articy\2.x\Logs

in the address bar of your windows explorer.

In this text file you will find an exception dump with the text

Articy.Utils.Exceptions.ParseException: The property '<PropertyName>' does not exist in feature '<FeatureName>'

If you find such an entry do the following:
  • ensure that all partitions under "Template Design" are retired
  • take a look at the named feature and property, add or delete this property as required
  • check all templates that use the feature, if the property is missing when expected or present when not, edit the template, remove the feature, then directly add it again, apply the changes. This ensures that the template is fixed without loosing already entered values in objects using the template.

If you have another exception in your log, please contact me at support@nevigo.com and attach the log.

All the best
-Peter
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to Technical Discussion