Color Field or Hex Field in a Feature?

Thu 12. Jun 2014, 12:26

We would like to allow our content creators to specify a color for a custom node that fades to that color in our game. Instead of having them specify the color directly in the node, we decided to define colors as entities that content creators can reference in the fade node. When creating a color, it seems like the best way to define it is a number field for the red, green, and blue values. I was hoping I could allow them to specify a 6 digit hexadecimal number, but it doesn't seem like I can constrain a string field to do that. Is there a way to have a hex field in a feature?
RobertGordon

Re: Color Field or Hex Field in a Feature?

Fri 13. Jun 2014, 21:27

Hello Rob,

You should be able to parameterize a string field to have a max length of 6 and a white list of 0-9 and a-f as allowed characters. But a "color" property type with a color picker control and exports / API requests in hex and RGBA would obviously be much more convenient. I've put it on our roadmap for the near future and will chat with the devs whether this can be a "squeeze in" feature ;).

Best,
-Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
CEO | Nevigo | LinkedIn | Facebook | Xing | Google+ | MobyGames
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Re: Color Field or Hex Field in a Feature?

Fri 3. Oct 2014, 23:24

A color picker would be great. Have just been making templates to deal with colors and tinting, and have just used a string value ("red", "green", "blue") to map in program, but a color picker would be much better.
ferakiii

Return to Technical Discussion