Multi-language checkbox

Wed 23. Jul 2014, 18:32

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to localise my game, and i want some of my fields to be localised, but not all of them. I noticed there is a way to mark some text fields as Multi-language.
I'm wondering if theres any way to export (using either Articy:Acces, Articy:API or a custom exporter plugin) only those text fields mark as Multi-language, or to know which one is.

thanks for your support.
stgelinas

Re: Multi-language checkbox

Wed 30. Jul 2014, 23:08

Hi stgelianas,

Unfortunately the localization feature within articy:draft was prepared in the internal data structures (as you can see by the checkbox) but was postponed for other features because it is a very big feature and others were asked for more often.

But it would be easy to provide the sole information of the checkbox as part of the PropertyInfo class of the API. If that helps I can promise it for the next service release.
Currently the only way to fetch this information is from the full XML export of an project.

You will find definitions of text properties like the following:

Code: Select all
<TextPropertyDefinition Id="0x010000000000063E" BasedOn="0x03000000BC9B4687">
      <DisplayName Count="1">
        <LocalizedString Lang="">Goals</LocalizedString>
      </DisplayName>
      <TechnicalName>Goals</TechnicalName>
      <TooltipText/>
      <IsLocalized>1</IsLocalized>  <!-- If this tag is included the checkbox was checked -->
      <PlaceholderValue>The goals of the character</PlaceholderValue>
      <DisallowedChars>#</DisallowedChars>
      <MaxLength>500</MaxLength>
</TextPropertyDefinition>

You also may take a look at the LocaHelper API sample that can be downloaded at our downloads page in the articy:draft 2 API expander. This tool uses a different approach to localization. It has text properties for each language and uses a naming pattern of the properties.

Cheers
Peter
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to Technical Discussion