Can't recover saved data for hard drive Help!

Tue 2. Sep 2014, 09:59

A while back when Articy:Draft SE was being sold (The first one not the second one) on steam I fell in love.

I had logged several hours into planning a book out, flushed out characters, flow chart and so on.

My computer later died... that was a LOT of work.. lost.

The old hard drive works just fine! The problem is I don't know how to locate the old files and move them to the new comp.

This is over a hundred hours worth of work.. and I would really like to recover it.

Thank you in advance
Nazakoo

Re: Can't recover saved data for hard drive Help!

Sun 7. Sep 2014, 12:39

Nazakoo wrote:A while back when Articy:Draft SE was being sold (The first one not the second one) on steam I fell in love.

I had logged several hours into planning a book out, flushed out characters, flow chart and so on.

My computer later died... that was a LOT of work.. lost.

The old hard drive works just fine! The problem is I don't know how to locate the old files and move them to the new comp.

This is over a hundred hours worth of work.. and I would really like to recover it.

Thank you in advance

I ended up reaching out to the contact us for tech support and this was my reply

Peter wrote: to get your project back is quite easy.

Let Steam install articy:draft on your new computer.
Click the "Open from file" button and locate your project on your old drive.
Within the project folder you will find a file called "ProjectInfo.aph", just select that file

You may also copy your project files from the old drive to the new. Just search for "ProjectInfo.aph" files to find folders containing articy:draft projects, and copy those including the sub-folders.

If you are using articy:draft (1) you should delete the (hidden) file Assets.sqlite in the same folder, to force a re-creation of the asset thumbnail database. It does not harm the project if you don't delete the file but you will get some nominal members in it occupying disk space.

Best regards,

Peter
Nevigo Support Team

The solution has been added in the event anyone else has this issue
Nazakoo

Re: Can't recover saved data for hard drive Help!

Mon 2. Feb 2015, 07:56

This is extremely decent and OK post....you shook posting it....thanks a great deal for posting it....!! :ugeek: :roll: :geek:
Johni
Kashif

Return to Technical Discussion