Change Steam users

Mon 22. Sep 2014, 10:18

Hey all,

So I have been using Articy:Draft SE 2 for a few weeks now and have come across a issue which perhaps I can get some help with.

The computer i'm using is a friends one that also used to have Articy:Draft SE 2 installed on it under his steam account. Now I'm using it with my own steam user account which also has a licence/copy of Articy:Draft SE 2. It wont let me use Articy without logging in to my friends account and can't find any place to input/change CDkey. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled but wont work. :(

HELP!
foxb

Re: Change Steam users

Tue 23. Sep 2014, 09:07

Hey foxb,

we are currently testing it and yes there seems to be a problem with switching steam users.
We are now trying to find a solution, I will come back at you when i have an answer for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Tue 23. Sep 2014, 09:44

Hey again,

that was a bit faster than expected :)

I have a small workaround for you: If you want multiple users to work on one PC with different steam accounts and their articy license, you need to delete the cached license file of the previous user, to do that follow these steps:
  • Open the windows explorer
  • In the top browse bar type %allusersprofile%\nevigo\articy\2.x and hit enter
  • You should see one or more files with the *.enlic ending, these are the cached license files.
  • Delete all files that look like these CXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.enlic (notice the first letter C and the ending enlic)
  • If you have other similar files with different starting characters you should leave them intact. Delete only the ones starting with a C
Now if you start articy on your account it should work right away. Articy will now try to get the license file from our server and cache this new file.

Hope that helps

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Tue 23. Sep 2014, 12:46

Thanks for this fix! :)
foxb