Export and import on two computers?

Sat 4. Oct 2014, 06:54

Hi there,

shortly I bought articy:draft 2 and I enjoy it really. It's a great software!
But now I guess, I have a small problem. Primarly, I work on my desktop pc, but if I go outside, I wanna take my notebook with me, to work on tour. But how can this work? Outside any communication infrastructure there is no mobile web possible, so I cannot use the multiuser-server advantages. Btw. I didn't buy this, I have only the single version.
I checked out the export function. But I find, that it seems, that I can only export word-, excel- and xml-files, but not the whole project. Is it correct? Is there any way to export the hole project on my pc and import it on my notebook and then - later - export it on my notebook and import it on my pc again?

Best regards,
Tom
TomBOX

Re: Export and import on two computers?

Mon 20. Oct 2014, 18:15

Hi Tom,

Here is a link to a thread where this topic was discussed. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=370

I personally use Google drive and it works well. The only thing I would caution is that you ensure that Google drive is fully synced prior to opening your project. I at one time imported a large number of picture assets into my project on my desktop and then opened up the project on my laptop before the assets were fully synced and it corrupted my project file. I was able to get an older version of the project from Google drive so it wasn't a big loss, but just as an FYI ;)
illjudged

Re: Export and import on two computers?

Mon 20. Oct 2014, 19:24

Hi back,

thanks for your reply. Since a few days I work with articy without problems - on dropbox! ;)
All is fine. I'm happy!

Best regards,
Tom
TomBOX

Return to Technical Discussion