Read-Only Project Files (Perforce Source Control)

Thu 30. Oct 2014, 21:47

Hi, I'm just playing & testing with Articy:Draft SE 2.3.7 and I've got a question about workflow & data for a project. I use source control (Perforce) for everything, allows tracking for iteration and as a programmer it's been my standard workflow forever.

Yesterday, I setup a new test project, and checked in all the files that were generated. Then on re-opening TestProject.aph, the Opening Project dialog log stops with "Postprocessing loaded project data: Exception catched UnauthorrizeAccessException access to the path C:\Test\TestProject.aph is denied" (This text should also be copy & paste-able). So no problem, file is in P4 & read-only. Check it out and open it with no further warnings.

Today I made some changes, saved, etc. with no further error messages. Close Articy:Draft and then re-open it and those changes are lost. I'm assuming because other files are still read-only in source control but I have no idea which files it requires while working on them. How is a user suppose to know which read-only files are needed when saving? I would rather not assume it's the entire project structure must be read-only.

Any tips ?

Jimmy
JimmyG_JPI

Re: Read-Only Project Files (Perforce Source Control)

Mon 3. Nov 2014, 18:57

I've found that checking out (not being read-only) the ./Partitions/*.adpd are required for saving the project. It would be great while saving an Articy project to at least get a warning that it cannot access the read-only files and not silently pass over failing to save.

Without knowing which are linked to the updated work this then requires reverting all unchanged files.

Jimmy
JimmyG_JPI

Return to Technical Discussion