Variable, Logics and Variable Tracking

Wed 5. Nov 2014, 23:24

Hello,
I'm a bit green - so apologies if the question sounds dim.
In trying to use Articy for branching story telling where different choices might activate different variables on players and then open new branches based on these choices:
1) Does Articy have a way to actually input logical statements into the flow charts?
2) Does Articy have a way to actually modify variables in the flow charts (after creating them?)
3) Does Articy have a way to track where veriables are at in the flow? How many times they are used. etc?
4) In playing through a branching demo, can Articy make choices appear or disappear based on such variables and logical statements?

Thanks!
Mazz0ne

Re: Variable, Logics and Variable Tracking

Wed 12. Nov 2014, 09:36

Hello Mazz0ne,
hey no problem, don't hesitate to ask your questions!

1) I'm not quite sure if I understood your question correctly. You can assign logical statements into the flow on several ways:
- using the Condition and Instruction nodes, which you can find in the master toolbar (or create via right mouse click on the canvas and selecting "new")
- or double click right onto the desired Input / Output pin on your Flowfragment.
I've added a screenshot... and make sure you're checked scriptsupport in the "Settings" section, so articy:draft can interpret your commands.

2) Modifications of variables is on our roadmap for the version 2.4

3) Tracking variables in the flow is a good idea, but not planned right now.

4) This will be an extended feature on the "Journey" part, we're working on and will be implemented in the Version 2.4

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Martin
Attachments
Input_pins.jpg
Input_pins.jpg (129.97 KiB) Viewed 11152 times
[Articy] Martin Gebske

Return to Technical Discussion