Flows: restricting which Entity objects are speakers

Sun 25. Jan 2015, 16:57

Hi there! For our game engine we are using Flows as our dialogue structure, and we assign speakers to control the name associated with the text. There is an Entity type--"Character"--which contains the pictures and text color to use for each speaker. We are also using Entities for many other purposes (quest states, items, enemy stats in battle, etc). The issue is that when we go to assign a Dialogue Fragment's speaker we see all of the Entities popup, rather than just our custom "Character" template entities that we are using for the dialogue. Is there a way to restrict which templates of Entities show up as options for the speaker in a Dialogue Fragment?

Originally this wasn't an issue, however, as we add more and more entities it's getting tougher to search for and assign speakers. In particular, some of our speakers are also combatants with the same name so we're getting overlap between those entity types. I've dug through the template options and I did see where I can disable the property "Show in Flow", but that doesn't seem to remove the entity from the list of potential speakers. I'm hoping there is a similar option that applies to the entire template so that, for instance, we can set our quest entities to never show up as potential speakers.
CSPlusC

Return to Technical Discussion