Random Variable

Fri 11. Mar 2016, 16:29

Hey, I've been using articy:draft for a while now and it's pretty amazing. I keep finding new features and workflows for myself, but there's something I'm currently missing.

I would like to test some things in AD that have a more randomised nature. Let's say there's an event that has a small percentage to appear in the game. How could I test something like this in AD? I have been using variables for branching dialogues, but it's all heavily player driven. Is there any chance to create a random variable in articy? Am I missing an option somewhere, or is it simply not possible in newest version and may be implemented in the future?

Many thanks for the replies! :)
prEsc

Re: Random Variable

Tue 15. Mar 2016, 13:21

Hey prEsc,

yeah I have to agree such things like Random() Methods or something like this would be great. This is something you could set up within articy. It would be executed in your code... but not in articy.
When you'd pass such a method during your journey articy asks you to assign an integer number or a boolean value. Perhaps in this way you could traverse through your journey with a kind of randomization.

I hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
Martin
[Articy] Martin Gebske

Return to Technical Discussion