Already have the project open error

Wed 23. Mar 2016, 22:50

Hi there,

I'm trying to load my project but I'm getting the error "You can't open the project because you already have it open on machine (my machine)"

It may have been due to my API experimentation - perhaps I didn't close the project properly and now it's stuck in "open" mode?

Is there any way to forcefully close the open project on my machine? I haven't found a way to do it so far... I've had this problem before and luckily no one else was online so I was able to forcefully unclaim/logoff all users and that seemed to do the trick but is there any way to do this without requiring everyone else in the project to get out first?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Andy

Re: Already have the project open error

Thu 2. Feb 2017, 10:31

Hi,

I'm experiencing similar issue. Would be great to get some clarification on this.

Thanks!
Marta

Re: Already have the project open error

Mon 6. Feb 2017, 20:37

Hi,

when working with the API you have to ensure that you close a project before you open another.
The other restriction is that one project can't be open twice on the same computer and articy:server user.
If you start two articy:draft instances and log in to the same server a project that is open in one instance will not be listed for open in the second instance.

You might have the project already open in articy:draft and try to open it again using the API.
Both may & should use different working copy folders.
This ensures that locks are distinct.
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to Technical Discussion