Articy:Expresso Expansion and Improvements

Wed 28. Dec 2016, 22:49

Hi there, just wondering if anyone knows if there are planned additions to Expresso in the near (or any) future? I'm particularly interested in being able to reference Articy data, such as properties of entities and flow fragments, etc.. as variables in Expresso for conditions and instructions. To be able to reference a project's data within the project itself I would think is a very high priority feature, but IDK how technically feasible it is. I'm really not keen on the idea of creating tons of global variables for each specific condition I want to test. Seems redundant (not to mention difficult to parse through), when the data is already right there. Curious if anyone here can speak on this. Thanks!

-Mark Willson
mwillson

Re: Articy:Expresso Expansion and Improvements

Mon 2. Jan 2017, 11:18

Hey Mark,

if I understand you correctly, you asked for a possibility to access Feature Properties by instruction nodes? So I am able to answere your request with a simple "yes".
There are plans for the near future to enable "Object Property Access" in instruction nodes and output pins. There will be buildIn functions to get an object and to get a property value by a given technical-name or ID. And to make it even better, the near future is the release of articy:draft 3.0 . Currently, it is part of the beta version.

Hope this is an answer for your question.
- Niko
Nikolas Koop
Quality Assurance Manager | Nevigo | LinkedIn
[Nevigo] Nikolas Koop

Return to Technical Discussion