Losing Data

Wed 27. May 2015, 23:51

Articy has lost data on me twice now that I now of, so I'd like to share what I was doing in the hope a solution is found.

I've just switched over to using Articy and...I love it :D But I've noticed that on at least two occasions it hasn't loaded up what it saved. The first time I put down to me being a muppet and not checking it into or out of Perforce correctly (done using PV4 client). The second time I hadn't even touched Perforce, so it must be something else.

First up, I'd like to note, that Articy places the read only flag on some of it's files. I thought the issue might be to do with that, or Perforce had done it, or whatever. It's just something I've noticed when checking the files.

The second data loss occurred just after I fired up Articy, changed a whole bunch of TechnicalName and Display Name values for my features. I had pushed the save button at some point, or in fact a few times as I went due to programmer paranoia about losing data. Not sure if I pushed it when I exited, but it usually asks to save as you exit if needed anyway.

After leaving Articy and coming back, all of the changes were gone. It's the same result as I saw the first time, except this time I know I didn't cock it up with Perforce.

I know that's not a lot for you to work with to track it down, but I hope others might be able to add more information.

No error messages were displayed at any time.
ivanhawkes

Return to Technical Discussion