How to update nodes with template

Mon 1. May 2017, 14:48

Hi,

I've just started using articy:draft 3. I've created some templates and started laying out a story. But sometimes I need to make changes to the templates after the templates been used already. How do I make these changes propagate to the nodes I've already created with the template?
I've not found anyway to do this so far.
I tried to do it manually but rechoosing the template doesnt update the node either.

Thanks,
Chad
SirEverard

Re: How to update nodes with template

Tue 2. May 2017, 07:12

Hi SirEverard,

could you be more specific as what changes to the template are not propagated?
For example adding/removing properties to/from a template(feature) should be visible directly in all objects using that template/feature. Changing a value of a property on the other hand is not necessarily directly visible. This depends on the object and if it has overwritten the value of the property, thus taking precedence over the value from the template/feature. Also changing the color is not automatically propagated, but we have a pluginthat will allow you to re-apply the color.

Otherwise could you give me an example of what you are trying to do or what is not working?

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Tue 2. May 2017, 12:20

Hi Nico,

So if I add elements to a feature or add features to a template, none of the changes propagate to nodes I've already created and started using.

I've just noticed that restarting articy does update the nodes already created though.

Is this intended or a bug? Is there a way to manually refresh the project without having to restart every time?

Thanks,
Chad
SirEverard

Tue 2. May 2017, 13:59

As mentioned this is not intended and sounds like a bug. When you modify a template/feature and apply it, all added or removed properties should be immediately visible in all affected objects.

Could you tell me a bit more about the articy:draft version you are using? Single or Multiuser?

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Tue 2. May 2017, 15:31

It's single user version 3.0.7
SirEverard

Wed 3. May 2017, 08:47

If possible could you send your articy project folder to support@nevigo.com. That will automatically create a ticket in our system and i will try to reproduce the issue and check if your project might have a problem and can try to fix any problems.

Sorry for the inconvenience, i hope we can resolve that issue quickly.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to Technical Discussion