Backlinking slots and strips

Sun 14. May 2017, 18:49

Hello,

I'm new to articy draft and would like to ask if there's any way (and I kinda expect this to be possible, since the application does it on it's own, keyword: Entity references)
to backlink slots and strips.

Thing is: I plan my game to have different factions which are either hostile or friendly towards each other. So I created a feature for the faction template which allows
me to set those in strips. If I now add Faction B as hostile faction for Faction A, it should vice-versa add Faction A to the hostile factions strip of Faction B.

I assume this would be achievable by using plugins. But on the contrary I think this is a very relevant feature which should be shipped with the product.
So is there any way? Else you might as well move this thread into the suggestions forum.

Thank you!
SharpForce

Re: Backlinking slots and strips

Fri 19. May 2017, 15:23

Hi SharpForce,

maybe this might help you with your intend?

While creating Strips etc. in the Template Editor do you know you have the option to choose a so-called calculated Strip?

When you choose this kind of Strip you then have the opportunity to use the Query editor to calculate what should be filled in this strip automatically.

Hope that gives you a first clue in a somewhat right direction? Otherwise please reach back here ...
Peter Thielmann

Return to Technical Discussion