Storyboard for Customer B2B

Wed 31. May 2017, 09:20

Hi there, i have bought Articy Draft some days ago and i am still learning this software and i have got some questions.
My main focus in using this software is to create Storyboards for our customers, most of the projects are gameificated b2b solutions.

So my main question is:
Can i creat let´s say, a menu in articy draft, just a blockout menu, that desribes what it looks like in the end and has some features?'

Let´s say, i have to create a main menu, where the customer has to put his name, his company and after that they can press the play button to start the game.

I have created a blockout menu in articy draft under the locations tab, with some rectangular forms and text in it.

What i want to do with it, is to provide this to our customers, so they can get the feel of it.
I have created a flow chart where i have put the menu into the desired tab "Drag & drop objects here".
Now, when i want to create a journey and record it, the menu won´t show up there, i only see the dialogues in the journey, i can´t figure out how i can show just the "objects" in the flow, not the dialogue.
What i also wanna do is that the customers can click on the "play" button to get to the next page, not the arrows.
What would be even better is if they can type in something in the field where to put name and company.

I don´t know if it is possible in Articy draft at all or if i have to export to unity/ue4 therefore, but if i have to export it to unity, how can i make a clickable button or a namefield to type in in articy draft that exports to unity.

Or, what would more better, is there a solution to test similar thing within articy draft, just dialogues aren´t what we need.
craboom

Re: Storyboard for Customer B2B

Thu 1. Jun 2017, 08:22

Hi craboom,

The functionality you are looking for can unfortunately not be provided by articy. It is not a tool for UI-prototyping.

You can simulate a menu structure with flow fragments, but without the visual component of the menu itself and without keyboard inputs like a field for the company name.

At present the simulation mode covers only the flow. We have it on our feature wish-list to include locations in the simulation, but most likely this will not happen before the next major release.

I guess, it would be best if you build the UI and visual aspects you want for your customers directly in unity (or with a dedicated UI-prototype program), and import your articy content with the unity import tool.

Best regards,
Karsten
[Articy] Karsten Feyerabend
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to Technical Discussion