Uploading PNG's or JPGS say they are corrupted ...

Thu 15. Jun 2017, 21:03

So in the assets section (and bare with me I am new) of the flex license edition through steam, I uploaded some assets, I cannot edit the preview image or see a preview image because apparently the image is corrupt or the codec is not installed (windows 10 home). I can open the images fine in the game editor and Photoshop. I have tried PNG (which the game uses) and JPEG.

Any ideas?
Kalious

Re: Uploading PNG's or JPGS say they are corrupted ...

Mon 19. Jun 2017, 09:58

Hi Kalious,

does this problem apply to all your assets/images?

Since articy:draft uses the imaging components provided by windows a complaint about a possible corrupted image is the result of a failed call to that system function.

I assume you are on version 3 because you have a flex license.

To get a better diagnosis I would need:

• Could you please provide a screenshot of the property sheet of an asset property sheet.
  • Could you provide the log files from %Appdata%\nevigo\articy\3.x\Logs
  • Could you please send me an image file that produces that problem

You should send those info to support@nevigo.com because at least the log files have information that should be kept private.
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Thu 13. Jul 2017, 14:26

Having the same issue, I emailed support with the requested files (except articy.log which is over half a gigabyte large).
Perhaps this topic should be pinned if more people are experiencing this problem. Hope it's resolved soon.
3D Lunatic

Fri 14. Jul 2017, 06:01

That's funny! I just opened articy:draft 3 today and all the images work. I didn't do anything at all.
Yesterday was the first time I used the software, I had just bought it. Today, everything is fine. Not sure why, but I'm happy.
3D Lunatic

Return to Technical Discussion