Articy Draft Unity plugin & Bolt

Tue 6. Feb 2018, 20:56

I really like Bolt visual scripting (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t ... bolt-87491) as well as Articy Draft. My initial testing shows that plugins interfere with each other. First problem seems to be duplicated Newtonsoft.Json.dll and Ionic.zip.dll's. While that can be fixed and is quite common problem with Unity overall, after that Articy Draft interferes Bolts generated code or wise versa and after following texts to console:
Finished relocating and restructuring Generated folder!
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
Articy.Unity.Editor.ArticyEditor:RepairOldGeneratedFolder()
Articy.Unity.Editor.ArticyEditor:Update()
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

There will be lots of error logs on Bolt's side about missing files.

I hope you can try to reproduce the issue and maybe have a fix or workaround the issue. I also reported the issue to Bolt developers.
SwanGamesJani

Re: Articy Draft Unity plugin & Bolt

Thu 8. Feb 2018, 12:06

I can't get it to work. I made a minimal test project using Maniac Alfred Unity project and Bolt imported from the Asset Store. Articy Draft Unity plugin and Bolt interfere each other so that after I have ran Bolt Setup Wizard, Articy Draft overwrites something and the context sensitive unit menu in Bolt almost empty and Setup needs to be run again. After that it might work for a while.

I can send the project along with steps to reproduce. This is very big problem for us at the moment. Please help.
SwanGamesJani

Re: Articy Draft Unity plugin & Bolt

Fri 9. Feb 2018, 13:58

Hi SwanGamesJani,

we could find a conflict between the plugins inside the Assets/Generated folder. An earlier version of our plugin used this folder for the generated content and in this case our plugin tried to upgrade the generated Bolt content (which is also stored in Assets/Generated) to our current folder structure.
We will send you a preview version which contains a fix for this bug.
[Articy] Christian Schildt
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to Technical Discussion