XML export inconsistencies

Fri 7. Aug 2015, 18:21

Hi,

We've been trying out Articy and we are trying to figure out whether we can integrate into our pipeline. So far everything has been great,but we hit a stumbling block.

We exported to XML (none of the boxes checked) and have been building a system to pull the data that we need. When we started looking at the data, we noticed that the Dialogue fragments Localized String sometimes has ![CDATA[ before the actual text, but not always.

We thought it might be something with templates, but we found the issue on fragments with the same template.

We thought it might be specific characters, such as a comma, as we saw that commonality...until we found ones without it.

There doesn't appear to be a reason, but there must be. Any ideas?
oneblueeyestudios

Re: XML export inconsistencies

Mon 10. Aug 2015, 09:45

Hey oneblueeyestudios,

you can find more detailed information about the CData here:

http://www.nevigo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1652&p=3217
http://www.nevigo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=251&p=484

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Martin
[Articy] Martin Gebske

Re: XML export inconsistencies

Mon 27. Nov 2017, 21:27

Hello guys,

I am experiencing the same thing. I do not use external text processors like Word, I write directly in articy:draft. Whenever I put apostrophe into my text, my exported xml text gets this ridiculous ![CDATA header. I've read all the links you provided and the other one referencing to smart quotas (which is not my case) but nothing helps. When I copy the text to Notepad++ it is in UTF-8 encoding. My system is English and my keyboard map is English. What else can I do because I am frustrated very much guys?

Regards
T3mp0

Return to Technical Discussion