Is there a articy:expresso script reference?

Tue 16. Jul 2019, 09:35

Hi guys,

Where is a list of all the commands we have access to with articy:expresso? Is there anything beyond this list?

print
getObj
setProp
getProp
random

Further - getObj returns an ObjectRef, but how do i create an objectref in the globalvariables or during an instruction?
Drowning Monkeys

Re: Is there a articy:expresso script reference?

Tue 16. Jul 2019, 11:57

Hi Drowning Monkeys,

Those extensions were added for the unity plugin in the first place and are also supported in the unreal plugin. So most of its functionality is handled in those engines.
The documentation you can find here, but your list seems to be almost complete, there is the convenience of speaker and self as substitutes for getObj().

getObj returns an ObjectRef, but how do i create an objectref in the globalvariables or during an instruction?

First of, you can't create global variables at runtime you can only assign an existing one in instructions. You can clone objects at runtime in the engines.
And ObjectRef is basically just a simple string, so what you can do is create a string variable and store the getObj() result into it. You can also overwrite at runtime a ReferenceSlot in one of your Templates and store such an object reference into it.

Hope that helps

best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Wed 17. Jul 2019, 12:53

Hi Nico,

I’m talking about from inside Articy.
Drowning Monkeys

Wed 17. Jul 2019, 13:26

Hi Drowning Monkeys,

As mentioned you can store getObj() calls in string global variables, and use those in getProp or setProp calls. This works in both.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to Technical Discussion