What is the Command to set Articy Draft to JSON?

Tue 23. Jul 2019, 15:58

Hey there :)

So I have a SingleUser License and like to throw my project into my GitRepo. I know articy is setting the files by default to binary.
BUT! In this topic: http://www.articy.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... c090a65b27
Peter Sabath is mentioning there is command to force set articy to operate on a JSON basis. Now I looked through the forums, I looked into the help center but I couldn't find how and what exactly to type into the CMD to execute that command. Any help would be great (and maybe also a suggestion: include the answer in your docs :D )
btsslawa

Re: What is the Command to set Articy Draft to JSON?

Wed 24. Jul 2019, 11:29

Hey,

you can add the "-save.forceText" to the command-line to force text saving. This will be done for any newly saved file.
To convert all of the files you should do a one-time save using "-save.fullSave" so each save writes all files on a save operation and not only the changed ones.
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Mon 29. Jul 2019, 14:08

Could you maybe elaborate a bit how to accomplish that?
I opened cmd and directed to the /bin folder where these three .exe are located:

- articy draft 3 (Single-User).exe
- articy draft 3 (Multi-User).exe
- ArticyDraft.exe

Now in cmd and just write ArticyDraft.exe apparently the MultiUser version gets started or something similar, since I get the UI which tells me to insert a host server.
Which means I need to explicitly run the SingleUser version. Alright. Did that by typing the path of the .exe with marks like this:
\bin\"articy draft 3 (Single-User).exe"

This will start the correct application. Now when writing:
\bin\"articy draft 3 (Single-User).exe" -save.forceText
or

\bin\"articy draft 3 (Single-User).exe" -save.fullSave

Apparently nothing is happening. When I open the project and a new location, a new entity, a new flowfragment I do get changes in git,but the .adpd files are still binary.

I also started a the Application with running \bin\"articy draft 3 (Single-User).exe" -save.forceText and created a new project in the Repository, still everything is set to binary.
Anything is missed or did wrong?
btsslawa

Fri 2. Aug 2019, 11:24

Bump :P
btsslawa

Mon 12. Aug 2019, 14:53

Bumping again.
btsslawa

Return to Technical Discussion