Customize exported word document

Mon 20. Jan 2014, 01:18

Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to customize the word document that you can export with the various game information. I know that articy:access is required for xml - but I don't need that level of control (at the moment) just want to change the way the information is presented - that's all :).
nihonjintaylor

Re: Customize exported word document

Tue 4. Feb 2014, 11:18

I have similar question.
I'm using .xml (re-import) files very often when I have to work on values. I find out that columns are set in fixed positions (propably in sequence of creation features and variables) . I have big template for items and after exporting I would like to have colimnes set in custom possitions.

For exaple:

Actual export:
ItemDMG.Fire | ItemDMG.Piercing | ItemDMG.Poison | ItemDMG.Slashing

I want to export:
ItemDMG.Slashing | ItemDMG.Piercing | ItemDMG.Poison | ItemDMG.Fire

There is any possibility to do that?
Wojciech Kotlarz
Black Eye Games | Gloria Victis | Main Site | Facebook | IndieDB | Youtube | Twitter
Neotix

Tue 4. Feb 2014, 12:38

@nihonjintaylor:
Right now you cannot customize the way in which the data is presented in the exported .docx file. A fully customizable export would be difficult to achieve, but what kind of options would you like to have?

@Neotix:
In the Excel-export for re-import template properties are sorted alphabetically, so the name of your property defines its position. Again, a fully customizable sorting would be quite difficult to implement, but perhaps we could offer the option to sort properties in the same way as they appear in the template (from left to right through all the lines of a template). Would that help in your case? If yes, I would put it on our feature request list. :)
Julius Kuschke

Tue 4. Feb 2014, 18:19

...but perhaps we could offer the option to sort properties in the same way as they appear in the template (from left to right through all the lines of a template). Would that help in your case? If yes, I would put it on our feature request list.

100x Yes :D It would be very usefull. I always organize templates in strictly logical and meticulous ways. So with that kind of sorting, I will get exactly what I need :D
Wojciech Kotlarz
Black Eye Games | Gloria Victis | Main Site | Facebook | IndieDB | Youtube | Twitter
Neotix

Return to General Discussion