Why does articy:access requires multi-user and server?

Sun 2. Feb 2014, 03:55

Hello,

I represent indie team who is currently considering using articy for the development of an adventure game.
Now, both me and another writer have single user licenses of articy. We're considering using a dropbox setup such as the one discussed in this board
to collaborate together.
Since the game is being developed on Unity, we thought that we could use the API for integration, but after reading a little bit more around since
that this either is not the purpose of the API or it would be more complicated, and that's what articy: access if for.
However, I was surprise to find out that the price for the Standard edition is €1700 and that a server therefore also multiuser clients are required.
We're considering then applying for the indie deal (I suppose Nevigo doesn't offer any upgrades from single user to multi user license?) but that still make
the price for Access very steep.

Could you please tell me:
1) Is access compatible with the indie deal?
2) Is there any indie deal for access?
3) Does nevigo offer any other way for unity-articy integration?

Thank you very much! :)
Pyrobon

Re: Why does articy:access requires multi-user and server?

Mon 3. Feb 2014, 10:32

Hi Pyrobon,
And welcome to our forum! :)

1) + 2) Yes, we offer an indie deal for articy:access. If you buy the indie bundle (including three multi-user clients and the server), the articy:access license costs you 599€. Articy:access offers you all possibilities to create your own custom exports and to integrate your data into your game (no matter what engine) conveniently.

3) If you want to import mostly dialogue content into Unity there is this plugin, with which you can import articy:draft XML-files.
Julius Kuschke

Re: Why does articy:access requires multi-user and server?

Fri 7. Feb 2014, 15:09

Thank you very much, Julius :)
After reading the documentation and looking into that plugin, we've decided that Articy's XML exporting option may be more than enough for what we need.
Cheers
Pyrobon

Return to General Discussion