Need a second (and experienced) opinion before buy

Thu 18. Sep 2014, 13:32

This program worth 70 €? (V1 + V2). I think yes.

I'm designing a game like wipeout (Hobby), but do not rule out in the future make a game with storyline.

My biggest concern is not buying what the program before the offer is over (I do not want lose the oportunity).

My other concern is that I spend 70 € and not totally worth for me.

I saw the potential and I am testing the trial.

I need a second (and experienced) opinion before buy. I have some questions:

With this program you can organize well and fast other game that does not have a complex storyline, a more simply (in story) game like wipeout?

Can be efficient with a game like wipeout and compete with a free alternative (like flow diagram)?

I'm project manager, for mechanical and electrical projects, it is very important to project and have each and every one of the processes controlled at each stage of development, can I use this program to organize the steps as a flow digram?

Is this legal to use the program for the job? (At the moment and use a flow diagram and excel). I like very much the layers system in this program.

You know other possibles uses for this program? (Organization workflow with hight detail of processes...) Others areas than a game.

Thanks for your time.
Daniel0213

Re: Need a second (and experienced) opinion before buy

Fri 19. Sep 2014, 06:26

I want it too. if you found please let me know. thanks
Are you interested in pass4sure itil? Get our self paced New Jersey City University ccna
davidfarney

Fri 19. Sep 2014, 23:50

Hello David,

the support team answer me very fast (40 min) when i send an email to support, this is the answer:
______________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Daniel,

If you want to read some unbiased reviews, you can check out the user reviews on steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230780/re ... 5_reviews_

Concerning your questions:
1) The creation of non-linear story content is one of articy:draft's key strengths, but you can organize any kind of game content with articy:draft. The flow view is just one of many features. The entity and template system for example allows you to organize characters, items or any other type of objects in your game. If you're working on a small game with a very low amount of content, articy:draft may offer more than you actually need, but that's hard to tell without exactly knowing the project you're working on.

2) For a game like wipeout articy:draft could be used to organize the properties of all the different vehicles or you could do sketches of the racing tracks within the location editor - just to name some possible use cases.

3) As soon as you are using articy:draft for projects (or companies) that generate income, you need to buy the commercial licence upgrade. During the current sale you could get articy:draft 2 + the commercial upgrade for 105€.

4) There are dozens of other possible use cases for articy:draft, but our focus is always game content creation and organization.

I hope these answers help you making a decision.

Best regards.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Daniel0213

Sat 20. Sep 2014, 01:06

If you want my advice:

1- Download the V1 and V2.
2- Open the two programs at the same time.
3- Show side by side the two tutorials.
4- Surprise yourself how similar are.

My conclusion: I buy the V1 for 35€. V1 It's an awesome powerfoul program, it's an "all in one", you can use for a small proyect (and big), in my case for a detailed flow diagrams and preplanning my game. V2 have the strong exporter freature (excelent for complex stories or writers, but not for me).

Example 1: Ship 1 "Stats template": Max velocity, acceleration, grip, shield...

Example 2: the missile hits the ship ---> Launch "X" animation.
[ ---> Launch "X sound".
[---> CreateObjet Explosion.
[---> AddForce to vector...
[ ---> Create point light (For explosion).
[ ---> Particles.
[ ---> Shaking the camera
[ ---> ...
[ ---> If the healt of the ship is <= 0 go to "Destroy ship (another flow)"

If you preplaning all details, you just follow the steps and can focus to design and programming, no more time wasted to think the actions you need to do at this stage, just follow the steps you preplanning before.

The layer system eliminates any limitation on the time to expose the details. Layers inside layers inside layers, is insane (but good). Lets have a very clear, clean overview and simultaneously focusing on details.

I hope it has been helpful.
Daniel0213

Wed 15. Oct 2014, 12:25

Daniel0213 wrote:If you want my advice:

1- Download the V1 and V2.
[...]
4- Surprise yourself how similar are.

My conclusion: I buy the V1 for 35€.

The 2.x versions contain some significant improvements that do not come across in the demo projects. You can see a list here, just scroll down to the checkboxes at the bottom of the page. We'll have to make new demo projects that use the full feature set of articy:draft 2.3.! ;)

Thanks and best,
-Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
CEO | Nevigo | LinkedIn | Facebook | Xing | Google+ | MobyGames
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to General Discussion