Portable version?

Mon 6. Apr 2015, 20:28

Is there a portable version that can be run off a thumb drive? My workflow means I'm at various computers throughout the day. I don't need multiple copies running at once, just my copy available wherever I happen to be sitting.

Thanks.

ETA: I've been using Scrivener as a stop-gap (as it is portable) but moving data between the two platforms is a pain.
SavingPrincess

Re: Portable version?

Tue 7. Apr 2015, 11:09

Hi Saving Princess,

even if we do not have a specific portable version it is quite easy to create one.
Install articy:draft on one computer, than copy the installed folder to your thumb drive. Add the following batch to the folder:

Code: Select all
cd bin
NevigoProtocolDispatcher.exe /i
start /wait ArticyDraft.exe -singleuser -loglevel 3
NevigoProtocolDispatcher.exe /u

This will open a commandwindow that waits for articy:draft to end to clean up the registry settings for the "articy://" URL protocol used in word or excel exports.
If you do not depend on that, or can accept that a registry entry in your current users hive is left behind you can reduce that batch to

Code: Select all
cd bin
NevigoProtocolDispatcher.exe /i
start ArticyDraft.exe -singleuser -loglevel 3

and the command window will open and close soon after.

The "nastiest" thing about changing along multiple computers is that you have to unregister your license when you go from one and register it again on the other.
If you have forgotten that you can do it online
Beside that you have to ensure to copy your project data between the machines. You may use a online repository or some cloud syncing system like dropbox for that.
If you open the project on a new machine for the first time you need the "open from file" button and select the project file to open.

-Peter
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to General Discussion