Want to buy. Any bigger projects to test?

Fri 10. Apr 2015, 15:50

Hi,

i think about buying the articy:draft SE edition on steam. I am currently testing the demo version
and i like this software a lot.

I am an indie game developer (that want to concentrate more on game design) and although i first thought
that articy:draft is mainly for really big projects or more rpg or adventure type of games, i experienced
while testing that it also works quite well with my smaller arcade game projects. I really love how i can
plan needed assets or even whole levels with it.

Anyway, why i make this post is that i am a little concerned about what i read about performance of the
version 1 when projects get bigger (i can't afford the upgrade to 2 right now).
Are there any big demo projects for me to test? The projects i downloaded so far are to small to let me test
the performance right.

Regards,

Chupup Games
Chupup Games

Re: Want to buy. Any bigger projects to test?

Mon 13. Apr 2015, 09:34

Hey Chupup Games!

Great to read, that articy:draft also suits your smaller game projects!
Yes, one of the bigger improvements of articy:draft 2 affected the performance, so - retrospectively - there's a performance difference between the two versions.

I really can understand, that you need to make sure your bigger projects run in articy, too. Since you've downloaded the demo projects from our website: Just try it out ;)
You can copy&paste all of the flow fragments and check out if your machine (and articy:draft) can handle it.

You can also buy articy:draft 1 on steam, if you're happy with your testresults and upgrade to articy:draft 2 later on.
No worries: The former created projects will be converted to articy:draft 2 and won't get lost.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Martin
[Articy] Martin Gebske

Mon 13. Apr 2015, 15:56

Thanks for your info!

I tested the demo a bit more and sadly it is really lagging.
But anyway, i decided to save up some more money and go
right away with version 2. :)

Btw, instead of selling version 1 that isn't updated anymore,
wouldn't it be better to offer just one version of your software,
that comes in different editions, like indie, pro and multi-seat?
Indie could be a basic version that doesn't have all pro features
but does get improvements like faster rendering, too.
Chupup Games

Tue 14. Apr 2015, 07:41

You're welcome!

Well, consider the version 1 on Steam as a kind of "beginner's version". And yes, you're right - aside from occasional bugfixes, there are no further "updates" planned for version 1. So we can get our focus entirely on version 2 (and its updates).
We already discuss the version policy on Steam these days, but haven't yet found a proper solution, except the current one ;)

Basically you can choose different versions from our webshop: https://www.nevigo.com/en/shop/ But as you can see, it's not intended to "cut off" some features to make one version more useful than the other. We think everyone should benefit from the complete feature-set of articy:draft.

Best regards,
Martin
[Articy] Martin Gebske

Return to General Discussion