Export to Final Draft

Tue 18. Apr 2017, 08:58

I like the idea of using Final Draft to rough out the dialogues and then import them - that is a great feature. However, if I want to go make changes to the dialogue, I have to use the document editor (which is nearly as good, but not the same..).

I'd like to request the option to export to final draft. I don't know what the FD file format is like, so I understand if the import is a one-way street, but it seems like a very useful feature to have.

(Apologies - this should have gone into Feature request board! :oops: )
RisingSun

Re: Export to Final Draft

Tue 18. Apr 2017, 12:10

Hi RisingSun,

mentioning the FD file format is the reason why we actually do not offer the export to FD.
The import, as it is right now, picks just a part of the FD file. All other parts, next to the content area, are ignored. Exporting your content necessitates somewhat like a template doc. Which also needs to be different for you actual FD version. With the export we would have to assume many defaults that writers won't like because the information needed in FD is not available in articy:draft.

Thanks for your input. But I'm afraid, in the long run, we'll do not implement an export to FD as long as there are also other higher prioritized features.
Peter Thielmann

Re: Export to Final Draft

Mon 4. Sep 2017, 08:48

Thanks for the info!
Are you new to gambling? Well, it's not a big deal. You can play for free to master your skills. Soon you'll be able to win real money. No doubt about that.
Mason Holgate

Return to General Discussion