Where are the exported sheets for localisation?

Thu 20. Apr 2017, 19:26

Hi,

Probably a simple question but using the JSON exporter the multi-lingual text properties are exported as such: "HubLocationDescription": "Loc_6A34CE88.Hub_Location_Properties.HubLocationDescription"

This is great, but I assumed that the value is the key for an entry in an excel sheet but I'm unable to find any excel sheet in the output folder. I'm using the default rule set, do I need to be doing something more?
RisingSun

Re: Where are the exported sheets for localisation?

Mon 24. Apr 2017, 09:06

Hi RisingSun,

using the .JSON export articy:draft will not export an Excel sheet. An Excel sheet export support right now is only available using the Unity export.
Peter Thielmann

Mon 24. Apr 2017, 12:58

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not using Unity, so could you please tell me, using the Json exporter, how localisation is supposed to work? I have found nothing online or documented to explain this. :|

Thanks,
RisingSun

Tue 25. Apr 2017, 12:25

Hi,

This is great, but I assumed that the value is the key for an entry in an excel sheet but I'm unable to find any excel sheet in the output folder.

This was an oversight on my end, this is a bug and will be fixed in the next version. Then it will generate excel files just like the ones in Unity.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Tue 25. Apr 2017, 18:15

Excellent, that's great to hear :)

edit - Just to let you know, I used the Unity exporter to generate the sheets and worked great for now. Overall really happy with the product, will definitely boost my productivity! :D
RisingSun

Return to General Discussion