create nested locations?

Thu 15. Jun 2017, 19:50

Does the location list allow for the creation of nested locations? For example, I have a farm and there are easily 20 places on the farm where player can enter. Some of these areas a levels (example different buildings can be entered), some are open areas (PIG PEN). I would like a way to organize locations so that I am not overwhelmed by their number as I create more. Nesting seems like the first choice. Since the PIG PEN is only the FARM, is it possible to nest locations such that the PIG PEN would be under FARM in a location hierarchy? If so how do I do this? Otherwise I guess I have to rely on a name prefix?
km133688

Re: create nested locations?

Mon 19. Jun 2017, 08:45

In the hierarchy view you are, of course, able to use layers - or better - folders to group your location structure. But a nesting like you are able to do with dialogues etc. is not possible with locations. But maybe you can use a little workaround? It's not really nesting - but another approach of sorting. You can also lay out your locations and then somewhere else place a summary of the locations by using link objects. Those lets you then jump to the desired location. Does that help you somewhat? (even if it's not exactly what you like to be able to)
Peter Thielmann

Return to General Discussion