AND gates

Tue 26. Sep 2017, 15:28

Is there anything like an AND gate? For if I want a piece of flow to be activated if both connections reach it, rather than just one?

I tried searching the forum for this, but was hampered by its refusal to believe I really did want to search for the word 'AND'...
McDosy

Re: AND gates

Wed 27. Sep 2017, 07:35

Hi McDosy,

You could use global variables. Set a Boolean for each of the branched nodes and a condition checking for both variables in the third element.

It depends a bit on your use case. Is there any kind of hub so the player is able to reach both options consecutively? Or are they supposed to run parallel? If they should run parallel, you can realize it in a game engine like unity, but you cannot simulate it within articy, as you can always follow only one branch when doing a simulation.

If you will use this situation a lot in your project, you could also create a hub template with the name “And” and place it in front of the nodes that should be reached by multiple connections. Now your programmer can easily make the connection when working in the game engine every time they encounter the “And” template in use.

flow.JPG

and hub.JPG

Best regards,
Karsten
[Articy] Karsten Feyerabend
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to General Discussion