What happens to a AD v2.4 project, in an AD v1 setting?

Sat 1. Aug 2015, 07:15

So I'm currently using the trial version for AD 2, and I truly love it so far. I'm considering purchasing the software, but 198 euro is a bit too much for me to invest, when I'm only a hobbyist doing this an hour or so a week. So I was thinking of buying version 1 edition instead. But what will happen with my current project? Will it open in V1? What if I have used features not available in V1?

Furthermore, will I be able to start up my project when my trial is over? Would suck if I can't even start the project without buying the software.
ClockWise

Re: What happens to a AD v2.4 project, in an AD v1 setting?

Thu 17. Sep 2015, 06:37

Hey ClockWise,

sorry for the delayed answer.
No, you cannot open a V2 project in a V1 of articy:draft, since there are different handlings and features as you can see here: http://www.nevigo.com/en/articydraft/versions/

After your trial none of your content is getting lost. Of course you can open it with a version that equals the used revision number (or higher) but, yes. If the trial is over, you'll get a message and
cannot work with it. That's the idea of the trial version ;)

But actually you don't necessarly need to spend the 198€ at once. What you can do (eg. if you think of buying articy:draft on Steam) is to first buy the a:d version1 and work with it. Afterwards you can
upgrade easily on the version 2 ... your project will be converted automaticly. And once your game is finished and you're going to sell it, you can upgrade to the commercial version. That was our idea
behind the Steam version to give you the most flexible license system. BUT... and this is the new thing. You can contact our sales-team and ask for further buying options. I'm sure you'll find a way ;)

I hope this helps a bit, and sorry once more for the late respond.

Cheers,
-Martin
[Articy] Martin Gebske

Re: What happens to a AD v2.4 project, in an AD v1 setting?

Wed 2. Aug 2017, 09:52

Thanks! Everything is now clear.
Speaking about online gaming. There's huge profit in it. The rules rules can't be more simple. It's all about dynamics and passion.
RobertCastellanos

Return to General Discussion