Export

Thu 25. Apr 2013, 09:04

Hello everyone !
First of all, you did a real great job! As a game designer for serious games I can see how useful articy:draft can be for the projects' conception.

However, I've a few questions:
I'd like to show the flow or a journey to our customers before the beginning of the development process, is it possible if they have no articy:draft license?
When I export a project in .docx, the flow fragments appear in an alphabetical order although I chose project path in the export options. Is it normal?
Julien T

Re: Export

Mon 29. Apr 2013, 21:26

Hi Julien,

the content of the Flow section is not yet covered by our existing export features. If you run the multi-user version, you can provide your clients with a viewer license to explore your projects. In single-user, the upcoming update of the document view will allow you to roll out a branching story network (or a recorded journey) into a linear document and export it to a Word file. For owners of the 2.0 version, this update will come for free appx. end of summer.

Thanks for your feedback!
-Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
CEO | Nevigo | LinkedIn | Facebook | Xing | Google+ | MobyGames
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Tue 30. Apr 2013, 07:31

Hi Kai !

Thanks for your reply!
My project manager wants to know what is the price of a viewer license once you bought the multi-user version.

Once again, thank you!
Julien
Julien T

Wed 8. May 2013, 10:07

Julien T wrote:Hi Kai !

Thanks for your reply!
My project manager wants to know what is the price of a viewer license once you bought the multi-user version.

Once again, thank you!
Julien

Hi Julien, please apologize the delay in my reply. A viewer license costs 99€. If you need a personal offer or have more in-depth questions, you can also email sales@nevigo.com.

Thanks for your interest!
-Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Sat 18. May 2013, 09:38

paying for viewer licence is too harsh.

you should consider having it free.

more customers and more people talking and using your program would ring in more revenue.
Athelas Loriael

Sun 13. Jul 2014, 22:39

My jaw genuinely dropped when I noticed this problem. I love the nevigo team and Kai has been extremely helpful on multiple occasions. But this problem is one of the issues that makes me scratch my head wondering how on earth something so massive could be overlooked! Initially I tried to give each fragment a numbered title, but even that didn't work because soon as you hit 10 it thinks 10 comes before 2 and it all falls apart. The export feature is semi useless because of this and that is a great shame because clearly a lot of work has been put into it. I'm sure its a problem that can be fixed with just 20 or so lines of code using the already installed links in AD two define the order they are exported.

Unfortunately for now my advice to others is to copy and paste between the export from AD and the version you are actually going to use while using a number system to help them be "organised". If anyone has any better suggestions then I would love to hear them though.
thesuperchimp

Thu 17. Jul 2014, 19:19

Hello thesuperchimp,

this thread is more than a year old and a Flow-specific .docx export has been implemented in the meantime. Here's a help center article covering that: Export Flow to .docx.

I hope this helps!
-Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Sat 1. Nov 2014, 02:53

Hello,
I have found that if you use number start with this order it should work... 01,02,03....08,09,10,11 and so on if you think you need more then 99 then start the numbering ...001,002,003... this method will always be sorted correctly. Hope this helps
jnonline

Wed 6. Jul 2016, 11:27

jnonline wrote:Hello,
I have found that if you use number start with this order it should work... 01,02,03....08,09,10,11 and so on if you think you need more then 99 then start the numbering ...001,002,003... this method will always be sorted correctly. Hope this helps

Wow, I'm glad this helped :)
KathyZorn

Wed 18. Dec 2019, 18:21

the content of the Flow section is not yet covered by our existing export features. If you run the multi-user version, you can provide your clients with a viewer license to explore your projects. In single-user, the upcoming update of the document view will allow you to roll out a branching story network (or a recorded journey) into a linear document and export it to a Word file. For owners of the 2.0 version, this update will come for free appx. end of summer.
fertooos

Return to General Discussion