pricing differences ?

Wed 20. Nov 2013, 19:35

Hello I want to purchase this program but i am a student with limited income. I have come across something i need to clarify before i make the purchase. On this site the artist draft 2 is 198 euro but for me being american comes to $266 usd. On steam i can buy the articy SE for $99 usd, then upgrade to 2 for $99usd making the price $198.00 usd. I do not want to have to access this program through steam if that is how it only works? is there a reason for this price difference on steam and if there is not, can i buy it directly for $198usd instead of euro which is more based on my location.

Any clarification on this can really help.

thanks
stephan360

Re: pricing differences ?

Mon 2. Dec 2013, 10:58

Hi stephan360,

Thanks for asking. We're a European company, which is why our pricess are all in Euros. Steam has a policy of territory-specific pricing, which is where the different pricing tiers come from.
The SE version on Steam can be launched directly, i.e. from the desktop icon, but it needs a Steam client and connection to the Steam network.

The cheapest option for you would be the student version for 99 Euros. As a student, you always get the flagship product articy:draft 2 including the commercial use right, so the 297 Euros package costs you only 99 Euros. We just need your student ID for the purchase and you'll have to re-submit it on a yearly basis. After you finished your studies, you just pay the price difference to the 198 Euros (non-commercial) or 297 Euros (commercial) if you want to keep using our tool.

Thanks again and all the best,
-Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
CEO | Nevigo | LinkedIn | Facebook | Xing | Google+ | MobyGames
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Sat 25. Oct 2014, 08:53

I have a same opinion buddy
adamzielskemlee