Any Tutorial or workflow?

Tue 13. Dec 2016, 20:18

Hi,

i just wanted to ask if there is any tutorial or help for the unity plugin. Or an example project would be cool too. I just want to know the "wanted workflow" for the plugin and how to actually use the assets in unity.
Its always a good idea to first define the requirements / expected user feeling before testing :)

Greetings,

headsetsniper
headsetsniper

Re: Any Tutorial or workflow?

Wed 14. Dec 2016, 10:13

Hi,

i'm currently in the process of finalizing the last help pages. You can find the old WIP help here, but i wasn't happy with it so a lot of pages are about to get changed. But still alot of useful information can be found on the current Welcome page and ofc the whole code reference section.
Besides the online help, we plan to have a couple of video tutorials ready for release. On top of that i have the unreleased Maniac Manfred demo project in the works that i use as a reference in the help and in the upcoming tutorials that will also be a complete playable unity game showing all the features the plugin has to offer and how to use them.
But that is also on my list to finally finish :roll:

As a small roadmap: I hope to have the full help roughly finished by next week. After that i rewrite the current Maniac Manfred unity project to a releaseable state. Thankfully the videos are somebody elses work :geek: .

Hope that gives you an overview and a place to start

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Wed 14. Dec 2016, 16:34

Thank you,
thats exactly what i wanted to know.

Greetings,
headsetsniper
headsetsniper

Sat 17. Dec 2016, 20:52

Only just starting tinkering with this, but based on the documentation it looks like exactly what I need.
Am I right in thinking that post-import everything is pure C# so it should be 100% platform-agnostic?
Winterblood

Mon 19. Dec 2016, 09:53

Am I right in thinking that post-import everything is pure C# so it should be 100% platform-agnostic?

Yes, exactly! That was one of my main goals. We have successfully tested on ipads, html5 and Android.
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Mon 19. Dec 2016, 10:50

Awesome. Hopefully in a few months I can confirm it works on PS4 and XB1 too - no devkits yet though ;)
Winterblood

Wed 22. Feb 2017, 14:59

[Nevigo] Nico Probst wrote:Hi,

Besides the online help, we plan to have a couple of video tutorials ready for release. ........

Any plans when the tutorial videos for the unity plugin will be released?
For a beginner developer this would be really great ;)
Teisba

Wed 22. Feb 2017, 15:32

Any plans when the tutorial videos for the unity plugin will be released?

Doh! I knew someone would notice that ... Well, we had hoped we would have them ready but "No plan survives the first contact". :?
At the moment i don't have a new timeframe for the tutorial videos, but hopefully we can get something ready in the next month, but don't pin me down to that.
So for the time being i can only point you to our Demo project that you can download and take apart. Or you have a look at the various guidesto different topics.

Sorry to not give you a better answer at this time, but feel free to ask any question you have.
The plugin might be daunting at first, but it becomes really easy once you start exploring it step by step, i'm sure of it!

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Fri 26. Oct 2018, 19:50

[Nevigo] Nico Probst wrote:Hi,

i'm currently in the process of finalizing the last help pages. You can find the old WIP help here, but i wasn't happy with it so a lot of pages are about to get changed. But still alot of useful information can be found on the current Welcome page and ofc the whole code reference section.
Besides the online help, we plan to have a couple of video tutorials ready for release. check fatburner keto slim On top of that i have the unreleased Maniac Manfred demo project in the works that i use as a reference in the help and in the upcoming tutorials that will also be a complete playable unity game showing all the features the plugin has to offer and how to use them.
But that is also on my list to finally finish :roll:

As a small roadmap: I hope to have the full help roughly finished by next week. After that i rewrite the current Maniac Manfred unity project to a releaseable state. Thankfully the videos are somebody elses work :geek: .

Hope that gives you an overview and a place to start

Best regards

Nico

Thank you,
thats exactly what i wanted to know.
Vendem

Wed 9. Jan 2019, 19:45

New to the forums..joined up to learn more on how to use Nevigo software to create games..
i have been a gamer for quite a long time now..want to challenge myself a little bit more.
this thread is perhaps the best start for me...saw the main site has a video tutorial series.

| guidomaggi | GuidoMaggi | minotaurfightstore | Convince Continue
happy to be here
mikkelkasper

Return to articy:draft Unity Importer