No Asset

Wed 14. Jun 2017, 09:26

Hi,

I have upgrade Articy Draft and the Unity Plugin, AAfter further problem, I have deleted all generated files to make a new export/import. But the old Generated/Ressources/Assets do not exist anymore (they are no assets in Articy/contect/generated/ressources)? And All link to mys files are null.

Is there a new way to export assets?

Thank you

Zel'
Last edited by Zeldarck on Mon 19. Jun 2017, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
Zeldarck

Re: No Asset

Wed 14. Jun 2017, 12:04

The new folder should be ArticyContent/Resources. The new plugin version was supposed to migrate your existing data into the new folder structure. This migration also makes sure that your asset files keep the same ids, which is important if you referenced the asset somewhere (on a sprite renderer for example). Without that migration, you would need to re-export from articy:draft and those asset would get new ids.
If all fails this is your only solution. Re-export from articy:draft, as that export will copy the asset files to the new location. But make sure that you are using the newest articy:draft version.

Btw. don't pay to much attention to the "M Asset Ref Path" property as the plugin uses this as an relative path to the actual asset content folder. And the "M Cached Asset" is usually empty, unless you access it at runtime.
Can you try to access your asset in code and see if that works properly?

Let me know if you still have issues.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Wed 14. Jun 2017, 12:16

I have delete all old generated file and re-export from articy Draft, but there is no assets, all my app is down because code say there is null exception when attempt to reach an asset.

I Got a multi user Articy 3.1.1

EDIT I got a problem when upgrade (message about SVN version, I have not old unclaimed before update, my fault, I didn't read changelog before do update). So I have import my local file of the old project to make a new one.
Zeldarck

Wed 14. Jun 2017, 13:04

What you could do is just to try again. Revert your working copy to a state before you upgraded to the new plugin. Make sure every file is claimed and changeable. And then install the new version again. That way your existing assets should be moved properly by the plugin.

But still, that articy:draft is not copying the issues sounds wrong. I will have a look into that.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Wed 14. Jun 2017, 13:56

It's not work,
I have apopup from articyImporter wich just blink, and unity windows in task bar blink in green (like if something complete regulary).
I will let it like that, I don't know maybe it's take looong time to all transfert? (I got maybe 50/70 assets)

I had to delete manually the old IScriptMethodProvider.

Ty :)

Zel'
Zeldarck

Wed 14. Jun 2017, 14:03

I'm sorry that you had those issues. :oops:

But thanks to your report we found a serious issue inside the articy:draft unity export, that explains why you can't get your assets to copy while exporting.
I'm currently fixing the issue and we will make sure to have a new version of articy:draft out as quickly as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Wed 14. Jun 2017, 14:13

Nice you found it :)

Good luck to correct it !
Zeldarck

Wed 14. Jun 2017, 14:21

Turn around for other:
Delete articy importer folder.
Copy your old Generated/Ressource/assets in ArticyContent/Generated/Ressource/Asset
Importer ArticyImporter and import data from unitypackage.
Zeldarck

Mon 19. Jun 2017, 09:15

Just a headsup we released last week a hotfix for articy:draft and now assets should be exported correctly again.

And btw. i think the "<3" issues you mentioned in another thread is also fixed ;)

Thank you again for your help!

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Mon 19. Jun 2017, 13:01

Yep it's ok for the two problem :)
(I didn't have pop up to say me there is a new Articy version)

Thank you ! :)
Zeldarck

Next

Return to articy:draft Unity Importer