Collabsupport dialog box always showing

Wed 14. Jun 2017, 20:21

Hello,

I recently updated to the latest version of the articy Unity Importer. Since we are using Collab, I did put the ArticyContent/Generated folder into the Collab ignore list. However, this led to another problem : we are also using Unity Cloud build and since generated files are not pushed into Collab, when the build system is trying to build the game, it does fail as all generated articy file aren't there...

So, I decided to remove the ignore from collabignore as I want the Unity Build Cloud system to build my game. Now, everytime I press Play in the editor, I get the Collabsupport dialog box asking to put back the Generated folder into the Collab ignore list. Any way for the plugin to remember my answer and not ask everytime ?
thewalrusnp

Re: Collabsupport dialog box always showing

Thu 15. Jun 2017, 09:16

Turn around seem to work (I just test few second) say yes, and comment the line in the .gitignore
Code: Select all
# Articy Plugin
# =====================================
#ArticyContent/Generated/
Zeldarck

Thu 15. Jun 2017, 14:49

Wow great ! Thanks a lot, that did it. Cheers !
thewalrusnp

Sat 17. Jun 2017, 22:45

Ah yes good catch! And good workaround, that will indeed work, as i scan the file for the "ArticyContent/Generated" text, irregarding if its an actual statement or just part of a comment... but i will make sure to fix it in an upcoming version.

Thanks!
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Sat 17. Jun 2017, 22:48

we are also using Unity Cloud build and since generated files are not pushed into Collab, when the build system is trying to build the game, it does fail as all generated articy file aren't there

That is a good information to have, as i wasn't aware of how exactly Unity Cloud was working. But it seems as a useful thing to have. I will investigate to see if i can hook the plugin into this build system, so it will always make sure to have the most up to date version. For example if someone only updates the import file.

*puts a note on his feature request sheet* :D

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Mon 19. Jun 2017, 10:18

using Unity Cloud build

While i'm currently fixing a couple of issues with the new version (loving the flickering progressbar :( ) i had also looked into options regarding cloud build.
While i could'nt test it yet, you could try it yourself and see if it works by calling the import method using command line arguments. Now i don't know if the unity cloud build works like that, or if it supports command line arguments, but using the command line argument executeMethod as described here you could trigger the import menu entry from the articyimporter by using:

Code: Select all
-executeMethod ArticyEditor.ImportArticyExport

this might or might not work, but maybe its worth a try.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Mon 19. Jun 2017, 13:22

hum,
think the gitignore generated it's not good (or I missplace my .gitignore?)
because it's
/ArticyContent/Generated/ but for me the folder it's under /Assets/ArticyContent/Generated/
Zeldarck

Mon 19. Jun 2017, 14:03

Yeah, that is one of those smaller issues i found with that. I copied and pasted it from collab, which in fact works like that and uses the Assets/ folder as the root. Git obviously don't

You can change that line adding Assets and it should work.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to articy:draft Unity Importer