Articy Journey

Wed 28. Jun 2017, 11:33

Just wondering if there's a history that is accessible in Unity (through the Flow Player perhaps)similar like the Journey in Articy Draft that is created during a presentation.

I don't mind coding a history myself, I'm just wondering if there's something pre-existing? The docs make no reference to history or journey. I'm going to use it to create a visual timeline of the user's branching decisions.

Thanks in advance!
traden1976

Re: Articy Journey

Wed 28. Jun 2017, 11:51

Hi traden1976,

I created the Flow player with simplicity and extensibility in mind. That means i tried to include only what is absolutely necessary and most needed when someone would traverse the flow, without going so far to lock out certain use cases. So i ended up with the current a bit low level solution that needs a bit more programmer knowledge to get it to work but also is (hopefully) easy enough to extend to any desired feature.
In your case you would need to add this kind of history tracking yourself, utilizing OnFlowPlayerPaused.

Just to make sure the journeys created by the simulation view inside articy:draft are also not supported and not even exported.

Hope that helps!

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Re: Articy Journey

Wed 28. Jun 2017, 12:07

Hey Nico,

Thanks for the reply! I've already started on my own custom journey system in Unity, just wanted to make sure I wasn't re-inventing the wheel.

Cheers,
Shaun
traden1976

Return to articy:draft Unity Importer