How to change default export language?

Tue 11. Jul 2017, 13:08

Hi,
Now articy always use 'en' as default export language. Our project in Articy writen in Russian, so the original export is Russian. How i can change it to other language?
misterionkell

Re: How to change default export language?

Tue 11. Jul 2017, 13:36

Hi misterionkell,

the "en" was just a hardcoded string because we didn't have a proper way to tell the language of the project in articy:draft.
Also it is never used as an actual CultureInfo anywhere, so you could even use fantasy names like "klingon" or "elvish".
The point is, the "en" was just an arbitrary name picked by me to identify the default exported language.

But we have discussed it internally and decided that it could throw some customers off and we will implement a commandline switch to set a substitute for the "en" string.
That way the language from articy:draft will always export the new substitute string. We have scheduled a new service release(no definite date yet) anyhow, so i try to squeeze that in.

While testing how that would behave in unity, i discovered that the entered language does not always stick. (Workaround is changing the language, on off toggeling a package and then saving the project. That way the language is saved).
This will be fixed in an upcoming plugin version.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Re: How to change default export language?

Wed 19. Jul 2017, 10:03

Hi,

in the newest update of articy:draft we have added the command line parameter "-export.languagekey" that allows you to pass a short string to identify how the unity and json export should generate the localization excel files.
For example adding to your articy:draft shortcut
-export.languagekey ru
generates your excel files like loc_Items_ru.xlsx instead of loc_Items_en.xlsx.

And as a reminder, the ArticyImporter plugin still has the issue that the language set in the Database View is not properly stored. Reason is that changing the language in the UI doesn't flag the object as dirty. To work around that, you can change the languge to ru for example and then directly toggle one package as default package on and off as that will flag the whole object dirty. Its a stupid workaround i know, but will be fixed in the next plugin release.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to articy:draft Unity Importer