[BUG] Un existing objects in runtime

Mon 14. Aug 2017, 10:20

We have large project with lots of packages. Sinse last week i found strange behaviour with some dialogues and zones: some of them available just in editor mode and do not available in runtime. I was check for object duplicates in packages but do not find something strange - all object contains just in one package. I've already spent a few days searching for solutions and so far the only option is to upload all the data in one package. It is not terribly convenient and breaks all localization in the game.

Also its seems to be working just in case that all dialogues and locations with zones located on one package. And i think the problem of this situation is reference resolving duting package load.

For example you have package A which contains reference to package B. If A would be loaded before B all these references would be broken. Also, if you try to avoid this bahaviour with export config (reorder package) this would be ignored during export and all packages would be order in order of it was created.

p.s. I sent a link to export the project and all the data in a private message to Nico.
misterionkell

Re: [BUG] Un existing objects in runtime

Mon 14. Aug 2017, 11:50

Hi misterionkell,

Where exactly are you missing the object? Are you trying to access it via ArticyDatabase.GetObject(), or is an ArticyRef/ArticyReference not set in play mode? Are you trying to access a member on another object, like the speaker or a ReferenceSlot on a template and its empty?
Otherwise can you give me a small example how to reproduce this with your project data? Something like "GetObject("Dfr_XXXXX") access its Speaker, its empty. Then LoadPackage("Ep01 - Test") and try accessing the speaker again" something like that.

If you haven't imported from your export file, please try again and check if that solves it for this moment. I was experiencing a bug the other day where some Speaker Ids where reset to 0. Not yet sure what caused that(could be garbage from a development build), but can be fixed by just reimporting the file (Via menu Articy->Import articy:draft export file).

For the record i still have your old project data and haven't received anything new.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
Senior Software Engineer | Articy | LinkedIn
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Mon 14. Aug 2017, 15:09

Sorry Nico, i forgot to press "send" on PM tab. Send it right now. Here is a code you can use to test this issue:

Code: Select all
var data = ArticyDatabase.GetObject<MapPoint>("Zon_B73E97AC");
foreach (var entry in data.Template.MapPoint.ThornMandotaryEvents)
{
      Debug.Log(entry.TechnicalName);
}

All references in ThornMandotaryEvents would be null.

Also this situation can be reproduced with dummu project just in 2 objects:
1. Create Zone template with ref stripe.
2. Create dialogue with any content you want.
3. Create location and Zone with this template.
4. Assign dialogue to stripe in template.
5. Create export rule with location in one package (absolutely first) and dialogue in another package (second)
6. Export in to unity and check "autoload flag" in Articy editor view.
7. Run scene and try to get this template content.
misterionkell

Mon 14. Aug 2017, 15:42

Yes, got it and could reproduce the issue. Working on a fix, should not take too long. I get back to you once its fixed.

Best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Tue 15. Aug 2017, 12:48

The newly updated version should fix this issue.

Thanks for reporting it!

best regards

Nico
Nico Probst
[Articy] Nico Probst
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to articy:draft Unity Importer