Text Extension Cannot Resolve Methods With Periods In Params

Tue 3. Dec 2019, 21:40

Hello,

I'm having a problem with Articy Text Extensions. Here's what I'm doing:

- In the text within a Dialogue Fragment, I define the method [SomeCondition("Display this if true.","Display this if false.")]
- In Unity, I have a class which defines SomeCondition(ArticyTextToken arg1, string[] arg2) and calls ArticyTextExtension.AddUserMethod(SomeCondition) in the start method.
- Upon starting the game and traversing to the above mentioned Dialogue Fragment, I receive the following error:
ArticyTextExtension: Could not resolve "SomeCondition("Display this if true" in token "SomeCondition("Display this if true.","Display this if false.")" of expression "...........

ArticyTextExtension doesn't seem able to cope with periods in method parameters. I have tried using an escape, "Display this if true\.", but it doesn't work unfortunately. It should be noted that removing the periods causes the text to display properly.

Is there any workaround for this? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
FlowFoSure

Re: Text Extension Cannot Resolve Methods With Periods In Pa

Thu 16. Jan 2020, 22:39

Has anyone else encountered this? A solution, or even a workaround, would be great.
FlowFoSure

Re: Text Extension Cannot Resolve Methods With Periods In Pa

Tue 4. Feb 2020, 16:21

Hi FlowFoSure,

Sorry for the late reply.
This bug is now fixed and will be available with the next release of the Unity plugin.
Thanks for reporting it.

Best regards,

Chris
[Articy] Christian Schildt
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to articy:draft Unity Importer