Objects creation

Thu 19. Jan 2017, 14:35

Hi guys,

I started to develop a plugin to be able to automatize the creation of composite objects (for instance a flow fragment with some specific children already created in it), and so far I have 2 questions regarding object creations:

- I can't find a way to manually create Pin objects for connectable ones (for instance a flow fragment with multiple input or output pins), is it possible ? When created, a flow fragment gets automatically an input and output pin, but I would like to be able to add more of them if needed.

- Is it possible to create comment/annotations objects?

Thanks!
slages

Re: Objects creation

Thu 19. Jan 2017, 15:41

Hi slages,

yes you can add additional Pins is the object type allows it. Just call AddInputPin() or AddOutputPin() on the ObjectProxy of the FlowFragment for example. The calls are missing in the documentation but are there.
Connecting can be done using ConnectPins() on the Session object where the required pins can be fetched by GetInputPin( index ) and GetOutputPin( index ) of the ObjectProxy.

In the currently released version the method to create Comments is not included, the final version will have a method for that.

-Peter
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Re: Objects creation

Thu 19. Jan 2017, 16:02

Thanks, those methods are indeed present and working! And glad to hear that we'll be able to create comments too!
slages

Return to articy:draft Macro Devkit