Can't find BuildTextConsts

Fri 24. Mar 2017, 12:01

Hi there

I'm trying to write a plugin, but I can't find a program called "BuildTextConsts". Can you help me?

thanks and best regards

Martin
Slaughterjoe

Re: Can't find BuildTextConsts

Fri 24. Mar 2017, 12:39

Hi Matin,

have you downloaded and installed the MDK installer? This is a one time per system setup to register the the BuildTextConsts plugin into Visual Studio. ( VS 2010 - VS 1015, VS 2017 currently not supported)
you can download the installer here

Without that the entries of the PluginTexts.tpk can't be processed to create typed constants for the localization IDs.
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Re: Can't find BuildTextConsts

Fri 24. Mar 2017, 13:31

Hi Pete

Thanks for your quick reply!

No I had not installed it and going through http://www.nevigo.com/ad3mdk/html/onetimesetup.htm it was not clear that I had to. Going through the page it seemed to me that installing the SDK through the NuGet Manager would be enough.

Can I suggest to edit the page and make it very clear that this package must be additionally downloaded and installed (and include the link as well). This might save future devs from the same confusion I have had. Also you may want to explain what "MDK installer" exactly is, as it was unclear to me and googeling it didn't help.

Anyway thanks a lot for your awesome tool and opening it with the API - that's exactly what we need at the moment and if we can achieve the extension we have in mind with the API, you've made a few people very happy.

have a great weekend, cheers

Martin
Slaughterjoe

Return to articy:draft Macro Devkit