Debug with Steam Edition

Fri 24. Mar 2017, 15:15

Hi there

I try to debug my code as described on http://www.nevigo.com/ad3mdk/html/debuggingaplugin.htm .

It's telling me that I do not have a valid license.

Are my settings not correct?

Start external program: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\articydraft 3\bin\x64\ArticyDraft.exe
Command Line Args: -nosplash -singleuser -loglevel 3 -flushlog -api.pluginlog -api.pluginlogmask "EWITD" -api.DebugManifest "c:\users\3d\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\Anooky.DF_Manager\Anooky.DF_Manager\bin\Debug\PluginManifest.xml"

Can you please help me?

thanks and cheers

Martin
Slaughterjoe

Re: Debug with Steam Edition

Mon 27. Mar 2017, 14:38

Hi Martin,

The article about plugin debugging does handle the Steam case.

to debug using an articy:draft 3 steam version you need to do the following:

add a file called steam_appid.txt containing the Steam AppId "570090" (without the quotes) to the x64 or x86 folder of your articy:draft installation (in your case "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\articydraft 3\bin\x64\") to give steam a hint which program of your library is started. This needs to be done once.
add -steam to the command line

for a articy:draft - Flex license the process is the same but some values differ:

add a file called steam_appid.txt containing the Steam AppId "388600" (without the quotes) to the x64 or x86 folder of your articy:draft installationadd -steam -rent to the command line
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Mon 27. Mar 2017, 16:22

Hi Peter

Thanks a lot, that helped! I cannot find any hint on this in the article referenced in my request. Is there another, more in depth ressource I can read?

thanks a lot for your help!

cheers
Martin
Slaughterjoe

Mon 27. Mar 2017, 16:36

Hi Martin,

unfortunately there is no more information yet.

We had a public beta hoping to get feedback where users find things that are missing or need additional documentation for understanding.

Since the feedback was somewhat scarce we need to improve it now with help of people like you and those answers I can provide.

Hopefully people in need on that information stumble across them here too.

Have you downloaded the sources of the three demo plugins on our website? These might give you some help as well.

Peter
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Mon 27. Mar 2017, 20:35

Shame on me as I even was part of the public beta but didn't have time (and a suitable case) then :)

Anyway - I guess these questions are normal for a new API and all in all it works very well! Great Job!

Still one more question to make life more convenient:
Can you provide what to enter in the config-file file (switches.cfg) to make Articy immediately load a certain project?

thanks again for your help (and your patience :) )

cheers Martin
Slaughterjoe

Return to articy:draft Macro Devkit