Generated code missing namespace

Wed 8. Apr 2020, 14:53

Hi!

The generated code in <ProjectName>ArticyTypes.h does not include the MYPROJECTNAME_API macro. This means that SkookumScript and other modules can't access these.

Is there, or can I request, that a checkbox can be added to the exporter for Unreal Engine that will optionally include the _API macro?
I can run a find-replace on each of the exported files but it would be nice if I didn't have to!

Cheers,
RisingSun

Re: Generated code missing namespace

Thu 9. Apr 2020, 12:45

RisingSun wrote:Hi!

The generated code in <ProjectName>ArticyTypes.h does not include the MYPROJECTNAME_API macro. This means that SkookumScript and other modules can't access these.

Is there, or can I request, that a checkbox can be added to the exporter for Unreal Engine that will optionally include the _API macro?
I can run a find-replace on each of the exported files but it would be nice if I didn't have to!

Cheers,

Hello RisingSun!

Your request is noted and as I don't see a problem with just adding the export macro per default I'll add this to the task list for next release. The checkbox won't be needed as the generated code will just be exported anyways. Keep in mind however that we just had a release, so it will be some time before we get that into the official release. Once I am done with tweaking the code generation I will post again, so you can download our development branch (here: https://github.com/Quexlaw/ArticyImport ... velopment2 ) in case it is important.

Do you mind sharing what do you intend to do using SkookumScript? It might inform or inspire us for future updates in general.

Kind regards,

Quexlaw
Quexlaw
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Thu 9. Apr 2020, 13:37

Hi RisingSun,

I've added the tweak to the code generation on the development2 branch here: https://github.com/Quexlaw/ArticyImport ... velopment2

This includes the most recent release we haven't publically announced yet as we are also awaiting approval of the Unreal Engine Marketplace team as well as your request. Since this was a quick tweak there might be some issues, but you can always check it out and see if it resolves your issues or report back if you find something. Please refer to the changelog to see what's new.

Kind regards,

Quexlaw
Quexlaw
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Thu 9. Apr 2020, 19:26

That is perfect, thank you. I'll let you know if I encounter any issues.

Currently I've been working on setting up a project for the Nintendo Switch using SkookumScript and Articy: Draft. SkookumScript generates C++ script bindings for designated modules including the ArticyGenerated files but it appeared some weren't being processed and one (of a few) reasons looks to be because of the missing _API macro.

SkookumScript allows for fast iteration times, especially on consoles. The ability to change scripts in real-time while running on dev-kits is a massive time saver. So having the Articy generated types exposed and usuable in the SkookumScripts, as well as being able to write SK scripts in Articy objects and flow fragments, sounds like a great way to work with Unreal Engine :)

It's not quite working yet but small steps!
RisingSun

Return to articy:draft Unreal Importer